Sunday, January 1, 2012

Beautiful Life

Yolande Moreau I love her. I love her screen presence. She is quite unique and quite delightful to watch. I was browsing movies to watch at an online streaming movie site when I came across the movie Séraphine. The movie/dvd picture seemed interesting, but not all that interesting. Still, her face looked familiar, I did not know where from, and so I watched Séraphine out of curousity. I loved it, not only for the story, and the cinematography, but for the lovely presence of Yolande Moreau.

Yolande Moreau was in Amélie, I later found out. Amélie is another film that I love watching and rewatching. That was where I had first seen her.

An article from the LA Times by Saul Austerlitz:
Yolande Moreau brings painter 'Séraphine' to life

I looked her up and found that she had done another movie, When the Sea Rises (Quand la mer monte...) By then I was smitten, even though the description of the film seemed a bit dark for my taste. It started out with a scene of Moreau's character onstage in her comedy act, which is dark comedy - be prepared. I almost stopped watching, it was a bit disturbing, both the content and her costume; as I watched, I began to understand the humour. Sitting through my discomfort paid off in the end. Another quirky but overall enjoyable film.

You can find more about Yolande Moreau by searching her name, or looking her up on IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes. I hope you do, I think you'll be delighted that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment