Friday, January 20, 2012

GERD & Wheat/Gluten

I found an informative online article linking Gluten to Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease today. I know a number of people who suffer from GERD and are taking standard medical treatment, which does not seem to fully help the problem. Perhaps looking into a gluten free, or even to start, a wheat free diet might help with the problem.

I can attest to the fact that GERD can be caused by gluten consumption. I have found that if I consume wheat in any form regularly I will start to have terrible acid reflux. I stop the wheat and the acid reflux is gone within a day or two. Still - if I start up with wheat again, it comes back.

Gluten Sensitivity Induces GERD - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
(video - it takes a little bit to load)

This information comes from the website Glutonology.net, however I recommend going to their other website, Gluten Free Society.

If you have facebook, you can join their facebook page
or view their youtube channel
Glutenology's youtube channel


No comments:

Post a Comment